Trending: Sophisticated Florals
Interior Design Florals Add a Touch of Sophistication
When creating a sophisticated look in an interior design florals aren’t always a first choice. Floral patterns and decor are often thought of as feminine, cute or girly. That is, until now. There’s a new look that’s trending in florals and it’s all about creating something modern and edgy. Forget everything you know about decorating with florals and take another look. Once thought of as traditional, florals are back in a big way and more chic than ever. This is how to get a sophisticated look with florals.
prints / pillow / rug / bedding / print
- When decorating with florals opt for darker colors. Add some drama to a space with floral prints in deep violets and inky blues. Matted in white they’re perfect against a dark wall for a feminine touch that’s anything but fussy.
- Think about florals in a new way. A dose of black adds an edge to watercolor florals. Pop these pillows onto a sofa, a bed or a window seat that needs a sleek touch of color. Mix them pillows in charcoal grey for texture and even more of a sophisticated feel.
- Make a statement underfoot. Exaggerated florals in rich hues pop against a black background. This is the kind of look that says you love color but in a refined way.
- Use classic palettes. A mix of patterns in black and white and shades of grey are always sophisticated and chic. Who says florals always have to be colorful? Even with the various mix of patterns there is something very reassuring in the calm that the lack of color creates.
- Don’t forget about metallic accents. Floral silhouettes in black and white almost have a mysterious feel in this polished silver frame. Simple artwork, such as pretty floral prints, can be beautiful and interesting.
If you think you can’t create a sophisticated look with florals, think again. The rules have changed and floral looks are dark, modern and edgy. We can help you incorporate this look into your home in big or small ways. Call or visit our showroom to get started.